Limited Lifetime Warranty
Durasol Awnings, Inc. warrants its product's frames and fabric covers, motors and electronics (if so equipped), to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal and proper use to the original purchaser for the following duration, all commencing from the date of the original installation:
• Structural framework is warranted for Limited Lifetime against material failure due to quality and workmanship.
• Paint finish is warranted for five (5) years against fading, blistering, peeling, etc.
• Awning fabric cover - Please refer to the Fabric Warranties section of this website to see manufacturers' specific warranties on fabrics.
• Motors and Electronics - Somfy and American Heritage™ motors and electronics are warranted for five (5) years.
Exceptions to fabric warranty are as follows:
I. The formation and presence of mold and/or mildew is not covered under the terms of this warranty. Mold and mildew will not grow on a man-made fiber (acrylic) unless there is organic matter (dirt) for the mold or mildew to grow on. Reasonable care should be taken to clean the fabric cover of any surface dirt or other organic matter to prevent the formation of mold or mildew.
II. Waffling or puckering of the fabric around or near a fabric seam/hem is unavoidable during the life of your product. The occurrence does not affect the performance of the fabric and is not considered a product flaw or defect.
III. The inevitable discoloration, scarring, or premature wear of the fabric of any Durasol product equipped with a center fabric support is understood, be acceptance of this warranty, not to be covered under the terms of this warranty.
Any defects in the awning must be reported within the warranty period listed above. Under this warranty, Durasol reserves the right to repair or replace those parts that have been returned or are deemed defective. If any item is replaced due to a warranty claim, the warranty is not extended on the replaced item, but rather applies to the original warranty period. This warranty is non-transferable.
This warranty is non-transferable. This limited warranty applies to the original purchaser and does not cover defects caused by:
· Faulty installation, reinstallation, or service not performed by an authorized KE Durasol dealer.
(An authorized KE Durasol dealer must perform any and all warranty repairs.)
· Normal wear and tear
· Damage caused by misuse, vandalism
· Acts of nature such as but not limited to: lightning, hurricanes, tornadoes, wind, hail, flooding, fire, snow loads, rain or rain & accumulation.
· The Effects of salty environments on mechanical components.
· Damages and or malfunctions caused by user’s electrical system, if there are variations higher or lower than 10% than normal value in electrical voltage (120VAC).
Wooden component materials which have deteriorated due to: rot caused by, micro organisms and inclemency of weather, cracks and resin leaks are considered natural occurrences and are not covered defects .
Labor cost for the removal and reinstallation of awning parts as well as maintenance and adjustments is not covered by this warranty and is the responsibility of the owner. Any defective part must be returned to Durasol by your local Durasol dealer.
Durasol Awnings, Inc. shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, loss, or injury. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, but you may also have additional or other rights, which may vary from state to state.
Returns/shipping charges and replacement parts are not covered under this warranty.